Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A SONG FOR GRACE

Along my journey I've discovered that not many who are alive want to speak for the dead. That sentiment use to include me. But according to a grace that God has given me, I began to speak for Grace. I turned my heart toward her heavenly Father, the One who knew her before any of us and...

I could see Grace's eyes looking down to me as I lay in a hospital bed. She bent gently over me and her eyes gave me hope. Her hands were busy beneath my gaze with tubes and needles, but her eyes and her voice assured me that I was OK.

I saw this repeated in quiet dark rooms in the wee hours of the morning. I saw it in blood soaked, noisy emergency rooms. Grace's green eyes and presence piercing the fear and bringing a salve of peace and a breath of hope. She hardly knew of her own power to bless and bring healing. The first verse the Lord gave me is,


"If any man build on this foundation...his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire...”
(1 Cor. 3:12 )

I saw God's huge hand like a fist with a searing fire burning inside his palm. I knew Grace was inside His hand and feared for what would be left when God opened his palm again. Powerful fingers slowly began to open and I heard a wind begin to blow across God's hand. The wind took all the burnt ashes and chunks of debris away.

The scene shifted to God’s eyes looking keenly into His own palm. They pierced the shifting shadows and ashes with intensity. Again, I felt a pang of fear for Grace. Then I saw His eyes soften and enlarge with confident pleasure. Eyes that recognized something He had longed to see.

I saw His opened hand again, but from my vantage could only see that all the debris was entirely gone. The scene shifted from the side of his palm and my view began to lift into God’s vantage point. There in the middle of His palm I saw a group of precious stones. I saw red, clear, blue... I knew they were God’s rubies, diamonds and many other precious stones.

He lifted His open hand to his lips and gently blew across His palm and I began to discern the outline of Grace’s face just beyond the end of His fingers. Her face and being came more into focus until she became solid and was standing right in front of All Mighty God.

His gaze lovingly welcomed her as He reached to touch her cheek. And then He simply embraced her with a Father’s embrace. Her tears were blotted away on the fabric over His heart. Grace was home.

As He held her I saw one last gaze of His eyes as they turned upon me. Piercing into my being I could hear His thoughts enter my own, “Don’t ever judge the work of My hands before My hands are finished with their work.”

There was no anger or threat in the flow entering me, only truth. The entrance of the Truth of Him changed me. I could tell that my own gaze back at Him became softer and relaxed with a confident pleasure. His work is altogether wonderful!

A second verse the Lord gave me for Grace is,

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Phil.4:8)

Welcome Home, GRACE.

2 Comments:

Blogger That Janie Girl said...

I love the precious stones part.

August 8, 2007 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Amen, brother.

August 9, 2007 at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home